- “Poetry is the journal of a sea animal living on land, wanting to fly in the air.” ― Carl Sandburg
- “A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness.”
― Robert Frost
- “A poet’s work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world, and stop it going to sleep”. – Salman Rushdie
- “Genuine poetry can communicate before it is understood.” – T.S. Eliot
- “If your daily life seems poor, do not blame it; blame yourself, tell yourself that you are not poet enough to call forth its riches; for to the creator there is no poverty and no poor indifferent place.” ― Rainer Maria Rilke
What are your thoughts about poetry?